- 1973: Vascular Surgery Division was established in Indonesia. Prof Djang Djoesi arrived from Netherlands after finishing his doctoral studies in vascular surgery
- 1976: Murnizal joined the vascular surgery team
- Dominant treated-cases were: Buerger’s disease, Varicose veins, Aneurysms, Peripheral arterial diseases
- 1996: ISVS (PESBEVI) was established and later on entered (Association of Indonesian Surgeons)
- 1996: ISVS joined ASVS à 2nd Congress in Seoul, South Korea
- Afterwards, Murnizal, Hilman Ibrahim, Dedy Pratama, Suhartono, Prof Djang Djoesi, and Prof Soeparwata started a curriculum for trainee in vascular surgery
- October 2019: Indonesia held the meeting of 20th Asian Society for Vascular Surgery in Bali, Indonesia. First meeting of ASVS in Indonesia.
- Now, the number of Indonesian Vascular Surgeon are 60 vascular surgeons and 23 trainees as of February 2020.